Your First Appointment
- Please plan to arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will allow you time to have a cup of tea or water, fill out any remaining forms, use the restroom, and become familiar with our office.
- Your first appointment will typically be your longest appointment, lasting up to 90 minutes. Follow up appointments will be approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
- We will conduct a thorough health history review. I will ask many questions, some specifically related to your main complaint and others seemingly unrelated. Chinese Medicine requires the entire person be taken into consideration so that we may determine the root cause of you condition or disease. We treat the whole person, not just the symptoms.
- I will do my best to make sure you are comfortable, heard, and cared for during your appointment and throughout your treatment program. Please do not hesitate to let me know how to do so.
Get the Most From Your Treatment
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to your appointment. Most of the points that I use are on the lower arms and legs from the elbows and knees to the hands and feet. Sheets will be available to keep you covered if your clothing prevents access to areas of the body that need to be treated.
- Eat a light meal or snack 30 to 60 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Avoid the use of anti-inflammatory pain medications on the day of your appointment. They may make the effects of acupuncture. Also avoid alcohol and other recreational drugs before coming to your appointment.
- I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Please let me know as early as possible if you need to cancel or change your appointment time. I have reserved this time especially for you. If you are unable to make it, I would love to make the time available to someone on our waiting list.
- If you fail to give 24 hours notice or do not show up for your appointment, you are still responsible for the full cost of the appointment, due prior to your next appointment.
- Please call or text if you know you are going to be late to your appointment (858-381-5053).
- If you are late, you will still be responsible for the full cost of your appointment.
- If you arrive late, your appointment will still end at the originally scheduled time.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, we may not be able to accommodate you and you will still be responsible for the full treatment fee.
- Payment is due at the end of your treatment. I accept cash, check, and credit cards.
- I am unable to bill insurance directly. I am happy to provide you with the necessary codes and superbill for your reimbursement from your carrier. Please call your carrier to verify your benefits.
- Cell phones: please refrain from talking on your cell phone in the reception area. Please turn off your cell phone in the treatment room. Think of your treatment time as an hour that you are giving to yourself to relax and detach from your long list of things to do.
- Children: While we are a child friendly office, we are not able to care for your child during your treatment. Your child is welcome to be in the treatment room with you during your treatment.
- Fragrances: Please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, and scented lotions to your appointment. Many people are sensitive to strong fragrances.
- Music: There will be music playing during your treatment. Please let me know if you would prefer silence. I am also happy to play music or other audio of your choice, as long as it is conducive to your relaxation and healing.
- Headphones: If you would like to you bring your personal headphones you may do so. There is occasionally noise in the office, especially on busy days. We do our best to minimize disruption to your relaxation, however if you are especially sensitive to noise, headphones are advised.